Sunday, January 10, 2016

Is Your Money Going To the Gym More Than You Do?

Well? Is it?

This is so ridiculously common that I can only shake my head. I don't get it.

I don't know about you, but I am not a fan of tossing my money out there and not getting some benefit out of it. I mean seriously, I pay my heat bill and I want HEAT. That is useful and productive. Paying for a vacation where my bum gets planted in the sand - I want to come home relaxed. That is useful and productive.

It feels defeatist to throw $35-$100 away every month and not utilize that payment to some productive outcome. For sweet goodness, how can that possibly make you feel good about yourself?

Yet really smart people do this All. The. Time.

Don't you find it outlandish that 70% of the profits from big box gyms come from these people. That's SEVENTY PERCENT friends.  $400-$1200 a year (per person or family) that is being flushed down the pipes.

Please. For the love of God...


This is where I have to take a deep breath and ask with my sweetest, softest, most loving voice - WHY did you join and WHAT did you want to attain by doing so? HOW much are you willing to sacrifice for the change you want to take place?

I get that the big boxes are offering you a seemingly sweet deal by waiving sign up fees. I get that you will receive your handful of "free" personal training sessions and be shown around your gym. I get it. You think you're getting something for free.

Nothing is free babe. Not technically. You've got to have some skin in the game. It's where the rubber hits the road! (hahaha, I have to take a moment to laugh because as a writer you're not supposed to USE all those cliches'!) But I digress...ha!  ;) ;)

Do you know where else the big box gets you?  Personal training. Sorry. Gosh I don't like to say it, but I would guess that 90% of all my clients past and current have gym memberships somewhere. They've come to me with stories of not meeting goals, lack of caring, embarrassment and even injuries.

People who are out of shape and are unhappy about their physical appearance do not want attention drawn to them. They are nervous going into the metal playground. They are hoping and praying that THIS WILL WORK for them. Sometimes it does. Too often it doesn't.

My intention is to teach you. Share with you the skills, the mind set, spend the time with you to push through all the mental and emotional blocks of eating, weight loss, and the years of the inability to do so on your own.

My intention is to "push you out of the nest" to go fly on your own at some point.That seems like bad business. You'd think it would backfire. It doesn't.  Holding back "secrets" on the how to's is not how we roll HERE honey.

It's about learning the nutrition part, learning those weights and machines, learning how to utilize your hours spent on cardio equipment to attain your goals! It's about the why's, the how's and the results you want. You don't know what you don't know.  But somebody does.

Is this yet another "sales pitch" for the You Year? Sort of, yea. However, there are a ton of choices out there. Those that find me, when it's their time, are supposed to find me. The timing on them finding me is usually quite astounding and rather miraculous at times, and I am blessed to help those that do.

Am I the "best" trainer out there? Nope. Am I "one of the best" out there - you bet your sweet batootie I am honey. Those that know me know I am completely honored and humbled and I promise, I'm not being boastful. The "imposter syndrome" is not something I hold onto however, I've been told this way too often and it kind of blows me away. It's one of the reasons why I get to do this still. Let's call it an incredulous, humbling confidence.

My desire and passion is to get you to a point after a very realistic three to fifteen month period of working on your body, your mind set and those habits, that you can walk into that gym of yours that you're paying for month after month and OWN IT.  I want you to feel so stinkin' comfortable in your body and your capabilities when you stand in that beautiful, glorious metal playground. I want you to feel AMAZEBALLS!

I want you standing in your power. Doesn't that just sound divine saying it!?

I mean, seriously, if you've got $400-$1200 a year to throw away for nothing, how about you make that money work for you this year instead?

I am here for you when it's your time to shine.

Hugs and blue skies,
Cin
P.S.  The three-month package is a "sweet deal" this January!  Take advantage.



No comments: