Monday, June 8, 2015

Please Sir? May I Have Some More?

Food! Glorious food!  It's the archenemy of all weight loss wannabes.  It's the hardest place to start, but that's where it all begins.  So where exactly is the beginning of this eating thing?

First, know this: your body acclimates to e v e r y t h i n g you give it. Period.  Whether it's lots or a little, good or bad - it acclimates to it.

For example, let's take this scenario:  You love food.  Greasy, junky, not so great for ya food. You have put on some pounds. Lot's of pounds! And you're not feeling well. But man oh man, does this food comfort you and make you "feel better." You just don't know where you went wrong, and you don't know how to stop. Well, maybe you DO... but that food is SO good right?! You feel awful, run down, tired.  You wonder, where am I in there when you look in the mirror.  How do I do this healthy eating thing?

This scenario is very common unfortunately. Even I was trapped "in there" at one time.

But here's a better scene baby! You come for your fitness assessment. We discuss what you are doing now in the eating area of your life.  The when, the where, the how much.  We tweak it. I cross out, I add in, I remind you of when, where and how much. Why I will even give you visuals, new ideas. We may even sing: Food! Glorious Food! You go home, you shop, you do this for two days over the weekend and you instantly - yes, instantly, start to lose weight AND feel better and have more energy. More energy than you've felt in years! (heard this more times than I can mention!) It's thrilling to watch and experience my clients reactions to this.

What people hear when I speak with them during their fitness assessments helps them to release false perceptions about this whole myth on how "hard" this weight loss thing is, the whole eating part of it, and then some. We flip off some old switches and flip on some new ways of thinking, which at the end of the day are rather basic and easy to accomplish.  I make it easy for you to succeed in this area. It's a win/win baby!

For most, the common denominator is TOO MUCH of the bad food, not enough of a good food and sometimes too much of that as well. And ALL of it done at the completely wrong times for losing weight and feeling great.

A portion size is a portion size. It's a one size fits all.  It's not a "but I'm bigger so I need more" size.   Remember those "switches" we turn off?  This is one of them.

If you want to release weight and release it so it is never to be seen again, you really need to know how to eat correctly for your body to be at its peak performance for burning calories. You will never be able to run, walk, zumba or freeze it off.  And if you do manage to lose a little, it will come back unless you keep it off with strength training... oh! Don't get me started there!

Also, there are plenty of people, and let me tell you, the stats are high, that have gotten surgery and then regained it back to their original or even bigger size. Why? They never learned the proper way to eat food. What. When. Where. And yes, Why are questions that get answered.

There is so much to explain but here are a couple of visuals for you to print out and keep in your wallet: 


So? How are you stacking up? I will be honest with you...I used to over eat in a huge way. Yikes, no wonder!

You want to be smaller than you are? Then you've got to eat smaller portions than you do, but still feed your bod.  During a fitness assessment I will actually get out my measuring cups to remind people the SIZE of a cup, 1/2 cup, etc.  Quite an eye opener when I incorporate that, and explain how I personally used to eat. I will remind you of what real food is, why it does your body great and why you will lose weight because of this.

If you'd like more help in this area I would love to sit down and chat with you and help you with your plan. Because honey, it's what we DO here at Full-Body Fitness - along with all sorts of other wonderful things for you to get  your MOJO back.

People are rolling in from the Geist area of Fishers, Fishers, northside of Indianapolis, Noblesville, Westfield and even beautiful Zionsville! I love helping people from these areas!  Plus, there are are so many cool things to do in this state. Too many to mention so check them out!

Are you ready?  It's time for you sweetheart.

Hugs, blue skies and see ya soon,

Cindy






No comments: