Thursday, December 19, 2013
Break Free! 5 Things Holding You Back and How To Change Them Now!
1. Excess body weight and/or lack of strength is holding you back from doing the things you want to do in life. What a drag to want to but not be able to run around and play with your kids or grandkids, run a marathon, or heck, even just to get up those stairs and not be winded. Whoosh! Time to do something about that friend. I would start with your eating habits; what, when, how much. This is the foundation for weight loss, good health and aging well. Secondly, I would start you lifting weights. Strength training. Your muscles were made to be worked! They are your fat burners while you are at rest. Your muscles acclimate quickly to strength training.They love it. Start light, bump up. Fire up your mitochondria! Your body will thank you for it in so many wonderful ways.
2. Serious health issues are starting to crop up. Heart diseases, pre-diabetic numbers (See Link: How To Prevent) or full blown Type 2, high blood pressure or cholesterol, fatty liver disease, gallbladder disease, metabolic syndrome. Sweet God In Heaven! Where to begin? Please hear me, if your body has gotten so out of shape that it is now rebelling and failing on you then honey it's time to DO SOMETHING. Anything...other than what you've been doing to it. These diseases are not normal. We've come to think of it as aging. It's not. I promise you that. It's not how it has to be. Our bodies inherently "know" how to be healthy. We are wonderfully, masterfully, amazingly made! I deeply believe that our bodies do not fail us... we fail them. How? By not taking care of it. For starters, by feeding it food that has no business being called food. By swallowing some pill to cover the problem, but the problem is still lurking and the pill creates even more collateral damage by side effects often worse than the problem. I beg of you friend, please do something. Get with your doc. Tell them this is unacceptable. Start slowly. Do not go for a jog the first time the weather breaks if you are not in shape for a jog. How about a nice brisk walk? Start there. Get with someone who can show you the "light" on eating correctly. Your body knows how to heal itself, but it cannot when you are the one damaging it. Some things you can reverse if you get to them soon enough. Start now.
3. You start to feel envious of other friends losing weight. I've heard this from my clients over and over. It seems to them that their friends, family and coworkers almost refuse to unleash a compliment from their mouths when they see them losing weight, eating properly at home or in the lunch room and going to see their personal trainer. They say things like "Is that ALL you're going to eat?" or "Just one won't kill ya." or "Must be nice to have a personal trainer." Don't be that person! If you are feeling envious of others, perhaps that is your subconscious speaking to your self-worth. Make your health a priority. Get in the game. Instead of being envious, ask if you can join in the fun! You ARE actually worthy and worth it.
4. You do not stick with it. I always root for everyone giving it their all after the first of the year, but know the stats are against them. The gyms will be filled with non-stickers yet again. Their intentions are good, but for whatever reason in their arsenal of reasons, they fail to hang on to the feeling they had when they first decided to get started. So you need help? It's okay. Not many people actually know how to USE all that equipment in those huge gyms! But they join up, not really knowing what to do and not having a plan of action. They might just sign up for a class, sweat a lot, meet some friends and that's it! They keep doing just that. They don't try anything new or step out of their comfort zone so results stay the same. Heck, I've met people who pay their monthly fees and never step foot in the door after the first five weeks of the new year. AHH! You need a motivator! An accountability person! Pssst! Click here: I AM YOUR MOTIVATOR! ;) ;) What happens when your friend bails on meeting you that day? It bums you out that's what - it's disappointing. Here's what I would express to you if you and I were friends: You're friends are NOT living your life. They are not putting your clothes on or standing in front of your mirror, they are not making love to your husband/wife.Your friend may or may not be meeting you at the gym that day. You have to want it bad enough to not care. Not finishing something, or quitting on yourself messes with your self-esteem and your subconscious will have a field day with this. Get your MOJO jacked up with a motivator, coach, personal trainer, friend. Yea!
5. Every year you keep saying and telling everyone "I need to start, I'm gonna start. Starting!" And then....nothing. You see, people hear what you say, but they see what you do. Getting stuck in a rut. Being too scared to start. Fearing that it won't work or will be too hard are things you must banish from your brain. Action is key. You need knowledge and skills and a plan. I can help you with all of it. What you will gain is a healthier body, knowledge, skills, that plan I mentioned, and a boat load of confidence and self-esteem when you walk through those gym doors! Read some testimonials here: DOES ONE SPEAK TO YOU? Ready? ACTION, TAKE 1. You look mahhhhvelous!
I am a personal trainer who has been helping people in the surrounding areas (Fishers/Geist, Noblesville, Carmel/Westfield) lose weight and get healthier for 11 years. It's how I make a living. I have been so very blessed to help so many. There are so many out there who just need to learn it all. Maybe it's time we met eh? I'd love to help you too. This time of year I get swamped so call me, let's chat, and get you STARTED!
Merry Christmas AND Happy Healthy New Year to You!